Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Visit: Day 1

The day my family arrived in Mexico City, we went directly to Chimalhuacan for a few hours. As soon as we had rested, played with Cholula, and repacked for the next few days, we headed off the Zocalo in downtown Mexico City. Jose and I had gone down there a week before and scouted out hotels, so we had an inexpensive, pretty, and centrally located hotel. We got two rooms, each with balconies that provided us hours of entertaining people watching.

When we arrived at the hotel, we all slept for a few hours. My family had flown throughout the night and had barely slept, and Jose and I had gotten up early to meet them at the airport. We were all very tired, and it was obvious we weren’t going to do much that day.

We did manage to take a few short strolls through the area and enjoy the city. Anna said it looked just like Barcelona, and that we can basically say we have seen Spain because it was so similar. That makes sense, as almost all the buildings were built by Spain in the 18th and 19th centuries.

My dad, Anna, Jose, and I went out to dinner that night while my mother rested. The food was good, but Anna woke up sick in the middle of the night. Jose and I had been lucky by not getting sick from food until Jose did very recently, so we probably weren’t as careful as we should have been on their first night.

The whole day was nice, but by far my favorite part was walking through the airport early in the morning and seeing Anna walking down the hall. Before I knew it, I had screamed her name and we were running towards each other. My memory is a little blurry from all the excitement, but I think we might have even let out a few embarrassing girl screams.

All is well now that my family is here.

-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment