Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lots of Visitors

We are going to have a full month of visitors.  My mother is arriving tonight, my aunt on Saturday, and then my father at the end of the month.  Since my mom hasn't been able to work lately, she is going to be able to stay down here for awhile.  My aunt will be here for 11 days, and my dad for over a week.  We will have lots to do with everyone here and I'm sure the month will fly by.

My mother just decided yesterday to come down. Its very last minute, but there was a cheap plane ticket and she really wanted to come. It is perfect timing because Jose is in Acapulco for the week so Anna, my mom, and I will have a few days alone. It will be nice to have mother-daughter time and be able to really catch up before Jose comes back.

In Coyoacan, we are going to visit many parks, Hernan Cortes' palace, the ex-convent where Mexico fought Americans and French, Leon Trotsky's house, Frida Kahlo's house, and the plazas.  Everything is a short walk from our apartment, so we will spend many relaxing strolling through Coyoacan.  I think that everyone will enjoy the park where we take the dogs.  It really is one of the most beautiful parks I have ever been too.  In other parts of Mexico City, we are going to visit the Zocalo, pyramids, the Latinamerican Tower that has a great view of the city, and Xochimilco.

I'm leaving for UC Berkeley's summer semester at the end of June, so Jose and I will have just a month together after all the visits.  With this month flying by with my family and sightseeing in Mexico City, and then one last month with Jose, I'll be back in California and in school before I know it.

-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment