Saturday, June 5, 2010

In Between

More than a month ago I found out I got into UC Berkeley.  For two weeks it filled me with more excitement than I could handle, and it was enough to satisfy me completely. Now, however, its been long enough that just knowing I got in isn't enough to keep me from getting bored.  I've looked up everything I possibly could on the Berkeley website, sent tons of paperwork, submitted a housing application, and made a class schedule. There is little to do now but start classes, and that's still a month away.

I'm flying back to California with Anna on June 7th for my school orientation on June 10th.  There I will register for my fall classes, be officially accepted into the Social Welfare major, and get a ton of other information.  I'm flying back to Mexico City after orientation to spend a few weeks with Jose before summer classes start, but I will be here during the World Cup, so I'm not sure how much of him I'll actually see.  At least I'll see my dogs and have plenty of time to get started on the reading for my classes.

 I have been so ready to start school that the last weeks have just seemed like an in-between time.  I'm relieved that I don't feel hopeless like before, but I am so eager to start that I am impatient.  I don't want to wish this time away, because soon I will wish that I could be with Jose, but I can't help wishing for it to speed up a little. I know that I will be busy; involved; and excited when school starts, and that sounds like an amazing way to be.

-Emma 

No comments:

Post a Comment