Thursday, December 17, 2009

Moved In

Jose and I spent our first night in the apartment last night. It was stressful, and honestly probably a mistake. We spent the entire day shopping, moving our stuff, and cleaning up. We bought a TV for Jose, and we are going to split cable with Sergio and Maribel, so Jose can watch the rest of the football season. Sergio and Maribel took us on another 4 hour department store shopping excursion yesterday evening. By the time we got back from that, we were worn out and cranky, but we did have a beautiful comforter for our bed. We washed dishes, put things away, and made the bed before finally going to sleep late. We were too tired to enjoy that we were finally in the apartment, and too cranky to ignore the piles of boxes and clothes everywhere.

To further celebrate the greatness of last night, I fell out of bed in the middle of the night. I don't remember falling at all, but for the rest of the night I could barely sleep because my foot hurt so badly. I thought I had broken it, but luckily it isn't that bad. It still hurts a lot today, and wasn't the best first night experience to be had, but I'm sure it will get better soon.

Right now I am sitting on the couch in the living room with Cholula playing at my feet, making couch covers from pretty sheets, and listening to rain and Jose setting up the range in the kitchen. It is the first time in a long time that I have really felt comfortable. I think I might even feel at home.

Hopefully our second night here goes better. Today feels much better than yesterday, and I think that we are going to do well here.

-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment